Brother MFC J491DW Driver
Brother MFC J491DW Driver Download
You can download the Brother MFC-J491DW Driver from this site by clicking the Driver Download button on this page.
- Before downloading the Brother MFC-J491DW driver, you must identify your computer’s Operating system(OS) and its version.
- Select the OS family from the given options (either Windows or Mac or Linux or Mobile).
- Select the OS version of your device software and press OK.
- If you aren't able to identify your OS version, then click the 'How to identify your Operating System(OS)' and follow the instructions to find your software version.
- After selecting the OS version, the page will display the Full Driver & Software Package, Drivers, Utilities, and Firmware.
- Download a suitable driver for your printer. You can view the size of the driver and the version of the software.
- Now, agree to the EULA (End-user License Agreement) and click Download.
- The DCP extension file(.exe file format) gets downloaded and stored in the device folder.
- Finally, run the driver after proceeding with the installation process.
Brother MFC J491DW Driver Windows
- Brother MFC-J491DW Driver for Windows 10 can be downloaded from the official site.
- The official site will prompt to select the OS family and OS version for downloading the Brother MFC-J491DW driver.
- If you find hard in identifying your OS version, you can click the How to identify your Operating System(OS) option.
- It instructs how to identify the OS and its version for your Windows.
- Press Windows + R key to run the program or by accessing the Start menu.
- Enter 'winver' in the search box in the Run window.
- A new pop-up window will appear with the information about your Windows version.
- Click Start --> Settings --> System --> About to view the System type.
- Now, you can identify your Windows OS version and its system type.
- After specifying the OS and version, download the driver that suits your computer.
- The page will display the Full Driver & Software Package, Drivers, Utilities, and Firmware.
- It is recommended to download the Full Driver & Software Package to access all the functions of your Brother MFC-J491DW.
- Make sure to delete all the installed printer drivers on your device.
- Even if you update your Windows from 7 or 8 to Windows 10, you need to delete the drivers that are installed before.
- It is due to the Windows compatibility. Now, install the driver on Windows 10 and perform a scan test.
Brother MFC J491DW Driver Windows 7
The downloading procedure is very much similar for all Windows versions. You can download the driver from our site by clicking the Drive Download button displayed on the page.
Brother MFC J491DW Installation
To perform the driver installation for the Brother MFC J491DW printer, you must either download the driver software or use the installation disc delivered along with the printer.
- Navigate to the installer file and double-click to begin the installation process.
- The Brother Machine Installation window will open to proceed with the installation process.
- Choose the language you wish to use and click Next.
- Accept the user's license agreement and click on the Next button.
- The window will display the Connection Types, namely Wireless Network connection(Wi-Fi), Wired Connection(Ethernet), and Local connection(USB).
- Select the Wireless Network Connection and click Next.
- Verify your network name when the Detecting Existing Wireless Network Settings message appears. Click the Next button.
- In most cases, the setup wizard will automatically apply your wireless settings and connect the machine to your network.
- To enable the Wireless connection, press the Wi-Fi button on the printer and navigate to WLAN Assistant.
- Enable the WLAN Assistant and Press OK on the printer machine to automatically retrieve the network settings from the computer.
- If the computer displays the 'Failed to Connect' message and prompts to connect a USB cable.
- If you have a USB cable, you can connect the machine to the computer temporarily. If not, select the 'No, I do not have a USB cable' option and click Next.
- You can find your SSID, Network key/Password from the backside panel of your router.
- Now, configure the wireless settings manually on the control panel.
- Click on the Wi-Fi option that is available on the touch screen of your printer. Select Setup Wizard --> Yes.
- Select the SSID name if it displayed or enter it manually using the touchscreen keyboard.
- Enter your network key/password if prompted.
- Once the wireless connection is made using your printer, press the right arrow.
- Now, click Next on your computer.
- Mark the Checked and confirmed box and click Next.
- Once the wireless setup process is completed, select your machine name and click Next.
- Select Standard Installation and click Next.
- The iPrint & Scan application will automatically get downloaded. Install the Paperport if your model supports scanning.
- Finally, click Next --> Finish.