Brother MFC J480DW Printer Troubleshooting
Brother MFC J480DW Paper Jam
When there is a paper jam on your Brother MFC-J480DW printer, it will show you where the jam has exactly occurred. A paper jam can occur anywhere inside the printer, and so, you need to locate the area and remove the jammed paper accordingly. Follow the below mentioned steps for Brother MFC J480DW Troubleshooting Solutions.
- If the LCD of your Brother printer displays Jam A Inside/Front, unplug the power cord from the printer and pull out the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Pull the green levers and release the jammed paper.
- Lift the scanner cover of the printer using both hands.
- Now, take out the jammed paper stuck inside the printer.
- If the printer's LCD shows the Repeat Jam A error, move the print head and take out the jammed paper stuck inside. Make sure that you haven't left any paper scraps in the corners of the printer.
- If the paper is jammed under the print head, unplug the power cord from the printer. Then, move the print head and take out the jammed paper.
- Once you have removed all the jammed paper, close the scanner cover and reconnect the power cord.
- If you prefer to prevent paper jam errors, always make sure to load paper only after fanning and aligning the sheets neatly. Do not load damp or curled paper into the paper tray. Also, make sure not to exceed the indicated limit.
Brother MFC J480DW Paper Feed
- If your Brother MFC-J480DW printer doesn't feed paper, the problem might be with incorrect paper loading, paper jam, or dust accumulation. Go ahead with the troubleshooting techniques mentioned below and fix the Brother MFC J480DW Troubleshooting issue effectively.
- Check whether you have loaded sufficient paper into the paper tray. If not, take a stack of paper and refill the paper tray. Then, press the Black Start and Color Start buttons.
- Check whether the jam clear cover is closed at both ends. When there is a paper jam on your printer, it may fail to feed paper. In that case, remove the jammed paper from the printer and check whether the issue is resolved.
If you cannot resolve the problem yet, follow the instructions mentioned below and clean the paper pick rollers and then check whether you have resolved the issue.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Close the paper support flap and the paper support.
- Take out the paper tray completely from the printer.
- Clean the paper pick rollers with a soft damp cloth. Once the rollers get dried, insert the paper tray back into the printer.
- Now, reconnect the power cord.