Brother MFC J470DW Ink
The Brother MFC J470 DW printer uses the LC101 CMY ink cartridges. Buying genuine Brother printer ink cartridges, though it seems to be costly at first, is cheaper in the long run. Generic print cartridges shorten the life of the Brother printer though they are cheaper than the genuine cartridges.
Brother MFC J470DW Wireless Setup
Follow these guidelines to connect the Brother MFC J470 printer to your Android device.
- To print a document on the Brother MFC J470 DW printer by using Google Cloud Print, go to your computer’s web browser and create a Google account.
- Register the Brother printer with Google Cloud print from your Android device’s web browser.
- Before doing this, check whether the correct date and time are set on the Brother printer.
- Also, check whether the computer and the Brother printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi SSID.
- Then, enter the address, ‘brotherprinters.co’ in your computer/Android device’s web address and press Enter.
- Select the Network option and click on Protocol. Ensure that Google Cloud Print is selected and then choose Advanced Setting.
- Ensure that you have set the status to Enabled and then click Register.
- Click the Google option and then enter your credentials to log into Google Cloud Print. Go back the Web Based Management screen and ensure that the registration status is set to Registered.
- Now, you can print documents through Google Cloud Print on the Brother MFC J470 printer.
Brother Printer MFC J470DW Mobile Printing
- Follow these guidelines to enable mobile printing on the Brother MFC J470 DW printer.
- Download Brother iPrint & Scan from the application store on your Windows phone.
- Power on your Brother MFC J470 printer and install the ink cartridges when prompted.
- When the Brother printer displays the ‘Wi-Fi setup will start’ message, you need to highlight the Yes option. Press OK.
- Ensure that the Windows mobile phone is connected to the router.
- Press the Menu button and then choose Initial Setup. Press OK. Then, use the navigation keys to highlight Local Language. Press OK.
- Choose the appropriate language and then press OK. Press Stop/Exit to finish the router.
Brother Printer MFC J470DW Troubleshooting
Follow these guidelines to troubleshoot the Brother MFC J470 printer for technical issues.
- You can use this guide to find the causes of the issues and solve them quickly.
- Check whether the Brother printer's power cord has been connected correctly to the power port and power outlet. Also, ensure that the Brother device is powered on.
- Remove the protective parts from the Brother printer, if there are any, and then check whether the paper has been placed correctly in the paper tray.
- There should be a stable internet connection between the Brother printer and computer.
- If there is no printout, go to your computer and check whether the Brother printer driver has been installed correctly. Go to the 'Control Panel' on your computer and then navigate to your Brother printer model.
- Right-click it and check whether the 'Use Printer Online' option is displayed. If it is displayed, click it to enable online printing. In computers which are running Windows 7, right-click the Brother printer model and click 'See what's printing.' Select Printer and then make sure that the 'Use Printer Offline' option is not selected.
- If you see white horizontal lines appearing on top of the text or graphics in the printed pages, you need to clean the Brother printer's printhead. Press the Menu button and then use the navigation keys to highlight Ink. Then, use the navigation keys to go to the Cleaning option. Press OK. Use the navigation keys again to highlight the 'Black, Color, or All' option. Press OK. Now, the Brother printer's printhead is cleaned automatically.
- If you experience a paper jam in your Brother printer, perform these steps. Detach the Brother printer's paper tray. Grab the green levers and pull them gently to get the jammed paper out. Pull the jammed paper firmly and pull it while taking care not to tear it.
- Raise the Brother printer's Jam Clear Flap and take the jammed paper out. Remove all the pieces of jammed paper from the Brother printer's Jam Clear Flap.
- If the LCD still shows a paper jam error, lower the Jam Clear Cover which is located at the printer's rear side. Remove the jammed paper from the Brother device's scanner area and close the cover. Use the plastic tabs on the top to unlock the scanner cover and raise it.
- Remove the jammed paper from the Brother printer's interior areas. Slide the printhead to a side to remove jammed paper from under it. Close the scanner cover and reattach the paper tray.
We focus on offering technical assistance to printer users and are not in any associated with the manufacturer. All the information provided on our site are solely intended for service purpose and not to promote any particular brand or company. The logos, images, and trademarks on the site are for reference purpose. Any action that you take by referring to the guidelines on this site is at your own risk. Our services are payment-based and are rendered only upon the request placed by the users.
Copyright © 2020 - 2021 | All rights are reserved